PhotochemCAD™ is a program of calculational modules and accompanying database of absorption and emission spectra aimed at advancing the photosciences. You can browse the spectra database online or download the program for the Windows operating system.
339 compounds in 20 categories
Browsing the online database you can view compounds by category, structure, or search for a specific compound and view details including the absorption and emission spectra graphs.
- 2021-06-18 - Tolyporphins database added
- 2020-04-08 - Chlorophylls database added
- 2018-03-05 - PhotochemCAD version 3 released
- 2005-01-01 - PhotochemCAD version 2 released
- 1998-08-01 - PhotochemCAD version 1 released
- Downloads: Cyclaplex™ and PorphyrinViLiGe™ are programs that can be used to simulate combinatorial modular macrocycles
- Spectra Viewers: Use the common compounds spectra viewer or the chlorophylls spectra viewer to compare multiple compound spectra
PhotochemCAD™ – a program and spectral databases to advance the photosciences – was conceived in the late 1980s by Jonathan S. Lindsey, and has been developed chiefly with his colleagues Masahiko Taniguchi and Hai Du. The programs Cyclaplex™ and PorphyrinViLiGe™ also have been developed by this team in the Department of Chemistry at North Carolina State University.
For more about this group and their work, visit the Lindsey Lab